Sunday, April 22, 2012

This Past Week...

   This past week has been far better than the last mainly because nothing "new" as far as bad stuff goes has happened. My financial fiasco has since cleared up so my money is finally back in my account and I can afford to buy gas again. I actually almost bought a car earlier this week-- well I was going to see one that seemed REALLY promising; however, the seller ended up changing plans last minute so I couldn't see it when I was planning to. It was actually a blessing in disguise because the bank took longer than I thought to get my money back so if I bought anything, I would have been flat out broke for a few days. So the car hunt continues and sadly, nothing quite as promising has shown up since.

  On Friday, Kris took me out on a date. He knew how stressed I have been lately and wanted me to have one day to relax. We started out paying bills which doesn't sound very relaxing but when you do not have to worry about your power being shut off...your whole day is better! We then went to the mall and on the way in, we saw Kris' best friend Chris Bell and Kris' cousin Stefanie (who is married to Chris Bell), they were going to Babies R' Us to fill up their registry since they are expecting a little girl. We actually went over to their house for dinner on Tuesday, something we haven't gotten to do in a long long time. It was a lot of fun to just hang out and talk with them again. Anyway, Kris and I went into the mall and bought nothing- which is not unusual. Afterwards, we went to the Vacaville outlets where Kris bought everything-- also, not unusual! He wants to be a rich old man, or at least look like one so whenever we go there, he drops a couple hundred at least. After we walked around and shopped, we went out to a sushi place that we haven't been to in years. It was hilarious because we walked in the front door and to the right, they had a big rock fountain set up. Kris was looking at it and said "Arynn, come here, look at these turtle statues" and then one of them moved. Kris freaked out because they turned out to be real turtles....I suppose you had to have been there but it was funny. When we sat down, we found out it was actually a half price sushi day so we ordered way too much, ate way too much and paid barely anything. Finally, we left the restaurant and went to see the Hunger Games. It was really good but I felt like a poser since I haven't read the book yet. My boss was going to let me borrow it a few weeks ago, but I forgot and so did she. I will have to read it at some point because I know they must have left a lot out of the movie. 

Overall it was a really nice, relaxing, fun day and I am glad that Kris and I had the same day off for once! We used to go out like that all the time and just relax but stupid grown-up stuff has gotten in the way! I hate being a grown-up! 

Okay, well that is it...I am in a better mood and not as stressed-- I hope that is how I stay, fingers crossed!

1 comments:

Post a Comment