Sunday, March 18, 2012

Let us begin...

Well, hello all, or few, or one, maybe even none. My name is Arynn not Ree Ree, but I am Ree Ree to some. My little sister began to call me that when she was about two years old and it just stuck. Anyway, I am not sure what to write about in the first post. Do I start with a little history? A lot of history? At the risk of getting too personal or even too depressing, I think I will just keep the past in the past for the most part. As for now, lets just do a quick refresher on the past few years or so: I am a 24 year old student at California State University East Bay. I am majoring in English with a minor in Creative Writing (please do not hold high expectations for spelling and grammar due to this fact-- I am in school, meaning I am still learning). I DO NOT want to be a teacher however, if it came down to it, I suppose I would teach if I had to
    Beyond school, I do not do much  else other than work and hang out with my boyfriend. Speaking of my boyfriend-- let me speak of my boyfriend! His name is Kris, or when I am mad at him-- KRISTOPHER!!!! He is amazing and wonderful and hilarious. We have been dating for over four years now, which is amazing because it truly feels like its been only a few wonderful moments. Being his girlfriend is effortless because he makes it so. We met in a rather odd way because it was not like we were looking for each other or anyone for that matter. Some of you who read this believe we met in a different way then we actually did-- for that little lie, I apologize. Kris and I met online, not at school. When we originally began talking to one-another, meeting people online was still pretty taboo and when we actually did meet in person and began to date-- the bad reputation was still there. Now however, that feeling towards the internet has changed enough to where I can be honest. Just know that I never intended to be mean or make anyone feel that they were untrustworthy, I just wanted to know that things would go well for Kris and me before I let people tell me of the potential weak points. 
      So on that note, the truth: I was on Myspace just before we moved to northern CA, trying to find out what kind of people populated my soon-to-be place of residence. The browse option of Myspace gave me quite an array of characters-- most of which were a bit intimidating. Every woman was making some kissy-face with the camera angled down to show her boobs; and every man was shirtless with tattoos of guns and naked women adorning his stomach-- except for one. The first person in the list of thousands was the last person online at the time. Here was this picture of a man-- face slightly hidden under a black fedora, dressed in a black shirt and pants with a white tie-- leaning back in a chair looking just oh-so cool. I though I need to check this guy out. So I clicked on the cool picture and found quite an assembly of interesting things, I will not go over them all but suffice it to say, some of them were hilarious. Having a bad day that particular day-- I sent the cool fedora dude a message saying "You do not know me but your profile made me laugh so, thank you" and that was it. He wrote back basically saying "You're welcome" and from there, we exchanged messages for months. When I finally moved up to where he was, we decided to meet. Afraid that he could be an axe murderer, I met him in a park with tons of people around. Long story short-- he was not a murderer. He was amazing and he still is.
     Okay, wow...that took up waaayyy more time than I was expecting so, I will let this be the end of the first post. I suppose if there is any particular thing you may want to know, just ask. If not, then I will just write. So...ummm.... Fin.


2 comments:

Eric and Chelsea said...

Yay! I'm so excited you got a blog! Just another way to stay connected to your butt face. haha that will never die. How long has that been going on now!? Miss you!

Ree-Ree Writing said...

Haha it will NEVER DIE! And I would say its been going on for over 24 years now considering you are the inspiration. Haha I miss you too! I need to start follwing your's and Nicole's and Aubrey's and everyone's blog too!! I love being able to read up on you all! Tell Slagithore I miss him!

Post a Comment