Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I am an Addict...

    It is true, I am addicted to painting my nails. I think the fumes are starting to eat at my brain but I do not care! I love cute nails! Okay, so that is not how I was thinking I was going to start my second post but I put off writing this just so I could spend the last 3 hours doing several different designs on my nails-- all in all, it is better to let you know now that I am insane. Okay, so what I really wanted to talk about (or one of the things) is how proud I am of Kristopher! He just got an interview with the Kaiser school and for all of you that do not know, he has been trying to get this far for years. He is so smart and will be such a great radiographer someday! He deserves this chance and I just hope that the interview goes well!
   Anyway, I will not spend this whole post talking about him this time around. I want to talk about some other things going on in my life. Some of you know that I am working with a deaf/ autistic boy-- working on his speech, motor skills and social interaction. He is a sweet little guy but he can drive me crazy sometimes. He just discovered how to mock people, so now whenever I am telling him to do something, he repeats it (in his way) back to me in a high pitched voice and then laughs hysterically. I cannot get anything done when he is like that! My job is to improve his skills, not become a punchline...but to him, I am! I just hope his parents see that I am trying and that this new development isn't a result of my efforts, its just him being a little 5 year old boy. In any case, he is cute and I drew this picture of him while he was taking his nap...you would never guess there are horns hiding under that hair sometimes haha!



I haven't drawn people in a long time so the whole image is a bit flat, but in any case, I thought it was okay. Another thing that has started happening (again) is my obsession with sign language. While working with a deaf little boy, my signing has gotten a lot clearer then it has been in the past. I realized that I need to start going to some deaf events. I need to meet some deaf people, make some deaf friends and really submerge myself into the culture. Many people do not realize that there is a deaf culture, none the less that it is so diverse and cherished among deaf people. If you have never seen someone signing, or signing a song then you are missing out. There is something magical about that language to me and I can't wait to really throw myself back into it. I am taking ASL 2 in the spring-- which technically I have already taken but I just want a refresher course. ASL is my second true passion beyond writing-- its a true way to use your voice.

   Let's see, what else? Since my last post, there are so many little things throughout the day that I think "Hey! I should write about that!" but now that I am actually sitting here, writing about random things, I cannot think of the other, supposedly interesting things. Oh well, the only thing that is coming to my random-- fume eaten mind is the poetry contests I am entered in. One contest is for my school and there are cash prizes: the other contest is not really a contest per-say, but a chance to get published in a literary journal.  I am hoping that at least one will work out because lately, I feel like I have been slacking on my writing which is another reason why I wanted to start this blog. I get so wrapped up in work and the day to day assignments that I let my creativity fall through the cracks. So, keep your fingers crossed and wish me luck! I need it!

Okay...another long post. I will stop it now. I hope everyone who reads this is not bored to tears-- if so, sorry! I will try and remember my more interesting topics next time. Bye bye for now!
   
    

3 comments:

aubrey jo said...

I love it! You should take a picture of your nails. they sound intense!!:) Also here at UVU there are a lot of deaf students and in some of my classes i have deaf classmates and they have interpreters come in for them and i just watch them sign to the student the whole time! It's so fascinating! I don't think I even knew you signed. You are so cool :) Love you!

Ree-Ree Writing said...

Aww thanks Aubrey! I was thinking I should have put up some pics of my nails lol. I wish there were that many deaf students at my school but there are like 3! Yeah I have been signing since highschool, if you are interested, you should take a class! It is so fun!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment