Wednesday, April 11, 2012

No Point to this Post...

   This post is going to contain a bunch of randomness but what the hey! I am a random person. 

   I said before that I was going to start swimming and I have! I have been to the pool at my school twice now and I love it! So the first day that I went was the first time I have been swimming in a few years so I knew I was not going to be very graceful in the water. I used to be a freakin' fish, swimming for hours on end but now, I was more like a cat being forced to take a bath...a lot of splashing and gasping for air. Overall however, I wasn't as bad as I thought I would be and I managed to swim for about an hour without dying. I had a bit of extra motivation that day as well because of a nice girl who got in a few lanes down from me (the more shallow end). I am doing my thing, practicing my strokes and working on my breath control, when I hear SPLASH SPLASH SPLASH SPLASH.!! I look over and I see this one spot where the water is just going crazy-- it looks like a school of piranhas had found a carcase to feed on. 



I watch as this miniature hurricane continues for a few more seconds and then up pops the girl, a foot further then where she started I might add, looking very pleased with her progress. I couldn't help but stare as she did it again! And again! And again until she made is (somehow) to the other side! So needless to say, Splashy Mcgee over there made me feel like Michael Phelps (without the weed)! I hoped that the next time I went swimming, Splashy Mcgee would be there again to give me that little confidence boost; however, no...instead I got freaking Olympic swimmer guy in the lane directly to my left (the deeper lane) who I swear didn't even breath for 20 minutes! 



He just swam and swam-- wasn't even kicking his feet, it was all upper body strength. He did his flip turns and continued on, making about 50 laps of the pool non-stop. Meanwhile, I make one ill-attempted lap and I am choking on water. I was his Splashy Mcgee. To add insult to injury, when he finally got out, I got a good look at him and he was like 60 years old! What the f***! And thanks to this AARP Michael Phelps, I stayed in the pool maybe 45 minutes longer then I should have because I was determined to outlast the guy by staying in the water for more time than him.

On the plus side, even though I am not that good at all-- I know I will get better quickly and I am getting a nice base tan so  I won't look like a ghost in future pictures! I am hoping that if I continue swimming twice a week, I will lose some of the extra weight I have put on in the past year. I used to never gain weight except for 5 pounds here and there but I could lose it very quickly. Now, I think my mind is still used to thinking that way about myself so when I look in the mirror I am like "oh, not too bad" but then when I see pictures of myself its like "WHO FREED WILLY???" I am going to be going to Disneyland next month and I know a lot of pictures will be taken so my goal is to not look like Ursala! If I could get back to this weight

...I would be a happy camper!!! Anyway, that picture is from five years ago...maybe longer. I realize as I get older, my metabolism changes and hormones go crazy and all that jazz but c'mon! Look at my mom, she is still the same weight she has always been! I need to get some of the good (physical) genes from her and not just the bad ones like sensitive skin!  Ugh, okay anyway-- I will end the randomness here. Hope the few that do read my blog enjoyed it...or at least tolerated it! Have a wonderful day!


0 comments:

Post a Comment