Friday, August 10, 2012

My Family's Time with the CIA...

   One of the many joys of working and going to school is have little to no time to do anything you usually enjoy doing-- thus why my blogs are so sparse lately. Anyway, I write when I can and right now, I am at work and only able to write because of this:
   I am apparently so boring that I put the kid to sleep whilst sitting up. Go me! Anyway, this gave me a little time. Honestly, I had time yesterday but I felt so sick for some reason...so much so in fact, I nearly threw up on a policeman's shoes. Not my plan of course, but I rolled through a stop sign that was right around the corner from my house because I needed to go hug the porcelain, and a cop was there. He didn't give me a ticket thankfully and I also did not puke on him or anywhere else for that matter. I did however, lay in bed, groaning for the rest of the night.

  So with all that going on, I haven't been able to really write or clean, or eat, or sleep. I am just super stressed out lately and  I don't know how to relax and take things one at a time. Instead of dwelling on that any further though, I will talk about the CIA.

Not Central Intelligence Agency, but the Culinary Institute of America. On June 29th, it was my aunt Eileen's birthday and for years she had been saying how she wanted to go to one of the cooking demonstrations held at the CIA. So my aunt Jan came down with her two sons (my cousins...duh) Daryl and David; and took Eileen to finally see a demo.  Eileen got stuck in traffic though so she was late for her own birthday present, but thankfully not so late that she missed it entirely. I was going to put the video I took of the Chef's intro but Blogger wont let me put it up for some reason...if I can add it later I will, otherwise just look for it on facebook. Anyway, back to the post...

 The Chef made Brazilian...Italian...umm, some sort of cool sandwich (I can't remember the specifics) which was delicious!
I wish we could have got to keep the leftovers because there was a ton, but those go to the students at the school and employees and such.

After the demo, we got to take the tour, see the cellars and hear about the history of the school. If you are ever in St. Helena, I recommend taking a look at this place because it is gorgeous!


  We also got to take some family photos which was an adventure within itself...between silly faces, Travis looking like he was about to kill someone and Ana acting psychotic, it took a while to get some good ones; but we managed anyway!



  Once the fun and food at the CIA was over and gone, we headed back to our house where a beautiful party was set up by Nathan's friend Heather, she is very sweet and creative and made a beautiful table!

 It was so pretty that no one used the plates or messed it up. It ended up staying like that for the next week... why take something so pretty down? Overall, I think Eileen had a fun birthday. I am so lucky to have her for an Aunt! Love you Eileenie Beanie...don't kill me for putting this on here...



Hahaha! Bye all!

2 comments:

ECo said...

Oh you wicked child!! LOL - I love you too and IIIIIIII (emphasis here!) am the lucky one to have you and all of our family to love me and make me feel so special!!

ECo said...

Oh and.. Puerto Rican Tripleta (the sandwich!)

Post a Comment