Friday, June 8, 2012

My Audrey Trip!

  This last Thursday, I got to take a lone road trip for the first time in a long time. I used to go up and down the state by myself a lot when we still lived in T.O; so getting to drive for hours by myself again was kind of fun, even though it was exhausting. I took this trip to see my Audreys! One Audrey is my cousin Jennifer's daughter who is now 9 months old and I had yet to meet her. I wish I could have stayed longer but I was only there for a night and part of the following day-- it was still great to see Jenn and meet little, smiley Audrey for the first time! It was very funny too because lil' Audrey wasn't really sure of what to think of me since her mom and I look very similar. Eventually however, she warmed up to my presence and we had a great time getting to know each other!

I also got to see my aunt Jan, aunt Connie and cousin Briana. I wish it could have been longer but before I knew it, I was on the road again and headed to the airport to pick up the other Audrey-- my best friend and little sister!
I am so mad at myself for not getting any pictures of our reunion in front of the airport but it was wonderful and emotional and perfect. We haven't seen each other in about 6 years so finally getting to hug her again was amazing. In no time at all, it was like we never parted. We were cracking up in the car, laughing and telling each other stories about the craziness in our lives. I still can't believe that no matter how long we are apart, it is always so effortless being back together. We turn into little kids again and make fools out of ourselves but its amazing every time.

We got to her family's house all of whom I haven't seen in about 6 years as well. It was crazy to see how much her siblings have grown! Everyone was still just little kids the last time I saw them and now most of them looked like young adults. It made me a little sad admittedly because it has been so long that most of the younger kids did not remember who I was even though I was remember all of them in diapers. It didn't take too long though for them to warm up to me again. Little Miles and Simon especially (the youngest of them) were quickly chatting my ears off. They are all so cute but so darn big!

Over the course of my trip, we went to the beach (twice), back to T.O, on the hill where Audrey and I met, into their old houses, the infamous elevator and on many other mini adventures. It was great talking with Audrey about various things in our lives because this is the first time we have both been "adults" together. We were still stupid little kids most of the time of course, but we have never been able to truly be mature together either. I love her so much and I can't wait for the next time we see each other!





0 comments:

Post a Comment