Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A Bit of "Yay!" and a lot of "Oh..."

   So after I got my new/old car I began thinking of all the things I wanted to do to it. I got new floor mats, I washed and waxed the car and I also got some cute little things for the inside: owl shaped air freshener, new pedal covers etc. One thing that I couldn't do right away however was de-fog the headlights. In my opinion, the headlights on the car are what make it look new, or super old and my headlights were all yellow and fogged over-- therefore looking old. A while back, Kristopher felt the same way about the headlights on his car so he found a way to clean them up! It takes a while but man is it worth it so being a wonderful boyfriend that he is, he cleaned mine for me! Here are the before and after photos:

Before:




After:






 My Raspberry looks like new!

So now all that the Raspberry needs is some paint touch ups here and then and then I will be happy. That will have to wait however because my school funding fears have come true. I will not be fully covered for school anymore but thankfully, the amount I will owe each quarter is not too bad. The worst part is, I won't be receiving a financial aid refund which usually helps me out quite a lot with bills and other expenses. So I have been looking into scholarships, second jobs and any other way to make up for my funding cut. I will figure it all out somehow, I always do.

  The other bad thing that happened recently (much worse than any problem I have right now) is the Russells- a family I know through Kris, his family have known the Russells forever-- well the Russells' house burned down last week. Everything they know and loved is completely gone. They all are okay thankfully, a neighbor came home from a late shift at her work to discover the house next door was a blaze, she pounded on the door and woke them up, they all got out just moments before the roof caved in. I am just so heartsick that this happened to them. They are some of the nicest people you could ever meet and they would give everything to help you out and now everything they have is burnt to ashes. Kris and I were just house sitting for them a few days before the house burned down, so it is so hard to believe that where we just were, and have been for years now is gone. I just hope that they are able to rebuild their lives quickly so this pain passes quickly. So if everyone can keep them in your thoughts and prayers, I would appreciate it and I know they would too.

  With all that happening I felt a little guilty going camping with Kris' family this weekend. I don't know, just know that close friends are struggling, I feel like I shouldn't be out having a good time, but I know that I am not doing them any good either way. So anyway, Kris and I got to have a short little camping trip in Stillwater cove with his family and his brother in law's family. It was fun and relaxing for such a quick trip. Kris and I rock climbed a bit and got to explore the tide pools. We all sat around the camp fire and laughed, and told stories. I wish we could have stayed longer and escaped the world but sadly, that wasn't a possibility since school was starting for me the next day,. Overall, it was great. There are pictures on my facebook if you want to see.

  So I wish there were more "yay"s' right now than "Oh"s and "Oh No!"s but what can you do.  I hope your days are filled with "yay"s and if they aren't, fill them up!

0 comments:

Post a Comment