Saturday, July 7, 2012

Sometimes I Forget...

  Even when I thought about writing this particular blog, I was not really motivated to. Lately, a lot of stressful things have been happening-- so much so I even broke out into hives. I could post about them like I usually do but instead I think I will post about all the things that make me happy or that I am lucky to have in my life. I did this a long time ago-- just for myself and it helped a lot, so maybe doing it now will give me some much needed perspective.

Here we go...

I am thankful to have a comfy bed to sleep in at night and food to eat when I wake up. I am so happy that my family is alive and well and doing what they do, even if what they do frustrates me. I am happy that I have a job and a boss who understands that my school is important to me as well as some free time every now and then. I am happy that I was able to save some money a buy a reliable little car to get me to school and work and back home again. I am thankful that I am responsible for myself and even for the people around me. I am so very glad that in my sad, depressed times, I have a boyfriend who would bend over backwards on a high-wire just to put a smile on my face; I am thankful that just seeing his face puts a smile on mine. I am happy that I am healthy and trying to get healthier-- even if I do not stick to it all the time. I am grateful to all my family members, especially my aunt Eileen, who help me out when things get tough, or even when they aren't so tough. I am happy that I do not go looking for that kind of help even though I know its there. It makes me happy that I have a few great friends, and even the friends that I have lost-- I am lucky that they were in my life and taught me things. I am so glad I got to see my best friend Audrey last month because it strengthened our friendship even more. I am happy that I have Kayleigh to talk to about all the little things in life because we are truly kindred spirits (I just wish we could hang out more often! ) I am blessed to have two Grandparents who never stop believing in me and supporting my efforts in life. I am so grateful to have my Dad and a renewed relationship with him even though he is far away. I am grateful to have my Mom as my mom, she knows so much and always is willing to help me if she can and loves me no matter what happens in my life.  I am lucky to be able to afford the little luxuries in life and even the big ones-- I know many people do not even have the necessities. I am so lucky to be going to the school that I do even if it will take me longer to finish due to financial burdens. I am grateful that I posses the drive and knowledge to be doing so well in my school work and to have made the Honor's list nearly every quarter I have attended. I am so glad I get to experience other people's happiness and joyous occasions-- I met Jenn and Dan's little girl Audrey, and Stef and Chris Bell's little girl Rowen, Kris' family vacations and birthdays, everyone's holiday parties and so much more.  I am even grateful for all the hardships in my life and all the people who have left me, didn't like me or even put me down because I grew from that negativity and did not waste away in it like I see so many people do; I also did not regress back into that negative environment just because it was easier than growing-- I am thankful for my inner strength. Most of all, I am thankful for being able to recognize these things and to be able to say "thank you" to all those who have made me happy, my life would not be as good as it is without you all in it. Thank you!

So that is my list and I know I had some "if's and's and but's" in there but I am still realistic-- I am thankful for that too. I know that some things in my life are not good but they will never outweigh the good. I feel a little bit better about things now-- if you have a bad day or a few of them, I suggest you make a list too. Thank you for reading.

2 comments:

Eric and Chelsea said...

Good for you for looking at things in a postive way!! Its a lot easier to complain so i give you props!

ECo said...

Aww. you make me proud (and you made me cry!)

Post a Comment