Thursday, July 12, 2012

Newborns and Tattoos...and Money...

So, other than the fact that at the moment, my hand is stinging like crazy from pouring scalding water all over it-- my week has been pretty decent. Well, my past two weeks or so...kinda, well whatever-- I am remembering the good things and not the bad so therefore, it is decent!

I will start off with the fourth of July. I almost always spend the fourth with my family. Throughout the year, Kris and I alternate holidays between his family and mine; yes, its like we are married, I know but we just try to split our time as best as we can.  So, independence day is usually spent with my aunt Eileen at her house where there is a ton of food and a decent view of fireworks from her backyard. This year however, we spent the day at my house...with not a lot of food and no view except from the upstairs bathroom. I was a little confused by the switch up but it all worked out because Eileen brought over a crap load of sandwich stuff and we drove up to a hill behind our house to watch some of the fireworks around our area.  Before we did that though, my boss gave my sister some temporary tattoos, which my sister and I gladly adorned ourselves with. I am mad I didn't get a picture of Ana's because she looked very tough with her glittery wolf tattoo. I did get a  photo of mine though, Kris colored it in masterfully. 
Then Kris wrote a sweet little message on my hand, which I accidentally washed mostly off before I took the picture... (I am slacking on my photo taking lately, sorry!)
It says A+K which was very cute and random on his part...

Finally, to add to the fun, Eileen brought a bunch of little, silly party favors that a certain eleven year old went crazy for....
And by "eleven year old", I mean Charlie Chaplin (taking a poop apparently)...

So there are no pictures of fireworks for me to share, however, we all know what those look like and I never can take any good pictures of them anyway. 

Okay, well, that was the fourth...everything else is just little things that made me happy over the past few days or so. The first and biggest one is that I am getting a raise. Apparently I have done such a great job with the kid, that his parents want to give me more money-- I will not argue with them. I am only getting a dollar raise for now but they said that they might apply for some insurance thing that will cover day car and sitter costs, which they said whatever money they get from that, I will get, so who knows how much I will really be getting! Another little work related tid bit is I am getting a full week off for Kris' family beach trip. I was afraid that my boss wouldn't be able to give me the time but they said that they can work it out because I deserve a nice vacation (they are just so darn nice!) I love, love, love the beach trip Kris' family takes, I have only ever got to go once, but it was my favorite. All you really can do is relax and eat and relax some more, and take naps...like, ALL of my favorite things wrapped up into one awesome week! I can't wait! 

What else was I going to say? The thought of endless food and nap time made me forgetful... Oh yes! The other happy things, so, in my last post I mentioned how Kris' cousin Stef and her husband (Kris' best friend) Chris Bell had their baby, little Rowen Jean, well we got to go up to their house a couple of days ago and I got to hold the little sweetie again. Now, before anyone says it, or thinks it, or even wants to think it...I do not want no babies right now! I just miss holding the little stinkers. After watching a five year old all the time, and then coming home and seeing my gigantic eleven year old sister running around, looking like a teenager-- its nice just to hold a little, tiny newborn. For some reason, new born babies are just calming to me. So Stef and Bell, if you ever need a sitter, let me know, I will happily come and watch your little girl. 

Let's see, oh, yeah, the last little thing is, I am losing weight! Woot! Not much, not as fast as I would like, but I am losing it. A little while ago, I started going off bread and started going gluten free, just to see if it would help some tummy stuff I had going on, and thankfully, it had been helping. On top of that, it has helped me lose a few pounds too. Of course I have been exercising more and trying not to eat nearly as much sugary crap as I have been but, I just feel better so I am glad it is working. Now I wish that I could be down to the weight I want to be at in time for the beach, but I know I just need to take the little triumphs where I can. 

Okay, well, that was not a very exciting post but hopefully in a couple of weeks, I will have a lot of cool beach photos to share with you all and a bunch of fun stories...ya know, if I ever wake up from my many naps to make any fun stories. Thanks for reading!

0 comments:

Post a Comment