Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Happy Birthdays and the Happiest Place on Earth!

   So May is always very stressful and very fun at the same time due to all the birthdays and events that happen. May is the time for midterms, but it also holds Kristopher's birthday, my friend Kayleigh's birthday, my Grandfather's birthday, Mother's day (which I just now realized I forgot to call my grandmother on Mother's day! I am horrible! I hope she got my card! I am sorry Grandma!) and many other birthdays and events that drain my wallet. I love gift giving though-- it is one of my favorite things to do, especially when I can make the gifts super personalized. For Kristopher-- who is super hard to find gifts for might I add...I gave him options. Kristopher likes to be in control so I made him a card with two gift options that he could choose from, hoping that he would like one of them. Turns out he didn't really like either but that is a whole other story that I will not get into...



The two options were either going to see a Brad Paisely concert with some of our friends, or go zip lining in Santa Cruz...we are doing a concert, but just not that concert. Ugh, that boy! He can frustrate me to no end sometime! But I love him so I guess its okay!
 
  
    For Kayleigh's Birthday-- who is not a control freak I might add, I got to be more creative. I saw something on Pintrest (of course, no woman ever has a wholly original idea anymore thanks to that site) that inspired me to make a jewelry holder for her. I forgot to take a picture of the finished project but I did take a picture of the painting I made for the background of the holder. 

The leaves are buttons and in the night sky portion, there are pieces of a broken mirror for stars. I risked 7 years of bad luck for miss Kayleigh so I hope she appreciates it! But I know she does because she is nice like that!

  After all the birthday, Kris, his sister Rachael and her husband Matt and I all went down to Disneyland for some fun and to visit the exclusive Club 33. Kayleigh wanted to come too since she is the biggest Disney fan out of all of us but sadly, she couldn't. So I decided I would bring her with me in some way, so I cut off her head, taped it to a pencil and shoved her in my purse just so she could come along. She was very happy, even though she was decapitated-- that is just how big of a Disney fanatic she is!









I am so glad she got to join us on our little trip, even though she was not in a complete body. 

 
  The highlight of the trip was Club 33 which, if you do not know-- is a club that Walt Disney created in order to entertain his personal guests while in the park. The club is in the New Orleans area because New Orleans was one of Walt's favorite places. In order to dine in Club 33, you have to be "invited" and only certain people or people who know people can come in. Thankfully, Kris' brother in law Matt had that connection so we could make a reservation. The club is comprised of two dining halls, all personally decorated by Walt and his wife. Lots of the furniture was in various Disney films and a number of famous people have gone through the club. It was amazing to sit in a room that held so much history and came from the mind of such a talented creator. Kris and I ordered the Chef's Selection which was made up of many courses of amazing food-- too much for us to eat! Over all, we had an unforgettable time and I can't thank Matt enough for inviting us along.


 There are a lot more pictures on my facebook so you can look there. 

   I wish that I could go back and just spend a whole day in the club, soaking it all up. I had a such a great time in the park and with this whole month; also, before this month is over, I get to see my best friend in the whole world for the first time in nearly 6 years! I am so excited! Okay, well that is all for now. Hope you all are doing great!

0 comments:

Post a Comment